Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IP Spoofing.

From: "Tim Kramer" <tkramer () irt net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 16:18:32 -0400

It's an "old" document, but try:

 http://www.rootshell.com/archive-j457nxiqi3gq59dv/199707/IP-spoof.txt.html

You should also look up SYN flooding (which normally uses spoofed return

addresses).  It's also possible to spoof MAC addresses (which can be
another
method of DoS).

Tim Kramer

"Christopher C. Petro" wrote:

Ok, this is probably not the kind of request that most of you will
want to answer, but I just got in an argument with my boss about IP
spoofing. He claims it is not possible to spoof an IP number, whilst
I am almost certain it is.

Could anyone provide me with a link or pointer to information that I
could use to prove him wrong, or to information that proves me wrong?

Thanks.
--
We have only come here seeking knowledge
Things they would not teach us of in college.--The Police

http://www.atypon.com                              petro () atypon com