Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Citrix ICA through port 80?

From: Bill Stout <Bill.Stout () aristasoft com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 13:44:51 -0800

Nope.  Tell them to dial up from home.

You could publish an html page which has a hyperlink to an ICA file, but
then you fire up port 1494/tcp within or outside the browser anyway.  You
could get restrict all access to port 1494 and use the Secure ICA product
for 40/56/128bit RC5 encryption.  See:
http://www.citrix.com/products/sica/sicawp/start.htm
Also see "Using Firewalls With WinFrame":
http://www.citrix.com/support/solution/sol00053.htm

Some time ago Citrix bought a company which displays the Windows App GUI
through a Java interpreter, so hope springs eternal.

SCO Taranella could be used to front-end the WTS box to preserve session
state, but it then uses ports 3144/tcp and 5307/tcp (SSL).

Make sure your 'demo' system is isolated and can't talk to anything else,
since once a WTS/Citrix system is on the Internet, it's only a matter of
time until someone 'owns' it.

None of this solves the problem of punching a hole through the remote
firewall.

Bill Stout