Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Recent Attacks

From: Ryan Russell <ryan () securityfocus com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:22:36 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:

Ryan Russell wrote:
I expect to see ransom demands (either the real attackers or just
opportunists) become announced to the press any time now.

That'd be interesting because it'd clear up the issue of motivation!!

Hey, whats a few mil when we're talking about losses of 1.2 Billion,
right?:)  Someone is out to break Kevin's record.

If I was Bezos, I'd offer some amazon.com options for whoever
turned in the culprit and sufficient evidence. Then I'd litigate
the culprit back to the stone age, including his friends, parents,
business associates, school, etc. - anyone involved. Crush 'em
real hard, real mean, and real openly.

Hmm.. Does that include Mixter and Randomizer?

                                        Ryan