Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Problems multi-ip'ing NT

From: lea () darklyte freeserve net insecure org
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 12:34:00 -0000

Hi there,

I'm assuming you are trying to set up static NAT using those 30 addrs? You
shouldn't need to bind any of the NAT'ed IP's to the NT box at all. Instead
set up the local.arp file in the fw/state directory to allow NT to respond
to arp requests for those IP addressees. Syntax for local.arp would look
like this:

A work arround.....Smart....I'll try that later on today (The server in
Question is off site alas)

However doing a bit of research, I've disabled the 'server' service,
does this drop NT back to thinking its almost a workstation (NT
Workstation that is)....If so is'nt that bound to just Two
connections....I seem to recall reading something about that way
back. Just a thought

cya,
                Lee
--
Lee Edward Armstrong (now in maried form!)http://www.darkwave.org.uk/~lee
My Clothes Will Impress You, And My Claws Will Undress You. -  The Damned