Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

OpenBSD NAT/Gateway/Firewall script

From: "Matt Simonsen" <matt () careercast com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 14:21:01 -0700

I have been reading up on OpenBSD firewalls, but most of the how-tos I have
seen assume you have 3 real network blocks to work with and at times filter
the very blocks (192.168.x.x) I am working with. I am having a little bit of
trouble getting strong rule sets to work... I can make NAT and simple rule
sets work, but I want something that is super secure and filters everything
not needed. I know there must be people out there that have setup OpenBSD
gatway boxes with 2 NICs, one using a real IP, one using an internal, with a
strong rule set. If you have one you could forward to me or point me to some
web sites with this it would be much appreciated.

Matt Simonsen