Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: re: reading firewall logs

From: "Ames, Neil" <NAmes () anteon com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:42:33 -0500

Sidney,
        I wouldn't tell this group of hooligans ;-) what firewall I am
running...  I am curious about what kind of variety there is in firewall
logs and what people think of both specialized and generic tools.  I did a
quick search and found Tina Bird's page at Counterpane:
http://www.counterpane.com/log-analysis.html.  The application-specific and
generic log-parsing tools sections (most of the last half of the page) look
great.  'Anyone have strong feelings on tools?

Thank you,

Fritz Ames