Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FWTK and smap/smapd

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () center osis gov>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:51:56 -0400

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 10:24:36AM -0400, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:
Hmmm... you've convinced me.  I hadn't looked at it from that
angle before.

And they said it couldn't be done!  ;-)

Seriously, it does depend on the type of commentary - there is some
commentary which [as I think you indicated] is worse than none.  And I
don't think it would be useful to, e.g., the newbie trying to learn the
language ... especially if not carefully maintained.  But IMHO, if you
are using comments in the way I described, maintaining your comments is
if anything MORE important than maintaining our code!  ;-)/2

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () center osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
OSIS Center Systems Support                                     EMT-B