Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: PIX Authentication Question

From: "Melson, Paul" <PMelson () sequoianet com>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:08:04 -0500

In order to do this, you must use AAA authentication for enable mode:

aaa authentication enable console admin-group
timeout uauth 00:15:00 inactivity

This would mean that users that can authenticate via the admin-group (see aaa-server) can access enabled mode on the
PIX, and that after 15m of idle time, they must re-authenticate.  However, the uauth timeout can only be set once, so
if users authenticate to the PIX for other things (outbound access, for instance), this idle time affects them as well.

PaulM