Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: DHCP in a corporate MS environment - Security Risk?

From: "Darden, Patrick S." <darden () armc org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 12:13:06 -0500

Another possibility would be a more secure alternative to DHCP.
With Radius (just one example) you can require that people authenticate
off of user database (Unix passwd/shadow file, LDAP, NT Domain, ADS....)

Of course, a sniffer on your network, arp poisoning, etc. would obviate
a lot of the security gains....

--Patrick Darden