Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

terminal services

From: natfirewall () netscape net
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:00:04 -0500

Greetings,

I am being asked to open port 3389 on our Corporate firewall and direct incoming traffic on that port to a specific IP
on our internal network.  Being the paranoid that I am, I do not want to do this but I need better reasons/ammunition
other than saying "it would be bad".  I am looking for pointers to information hopefully in support of my fear of M$
security.  Also,  the more recent the information the better.

Not being close minded,  I would also be interested in seeing any information which would make me feel warm and fuzzy
about opening the port.

TIA