Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Cisco VPN Client "Stateful Firewall (Always On)"

From: Milon Papezik <mmp () actinet cz>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 13:26:43 +0200

On Thursday 03 of July 2003 15:50, Peter Robinson wrote:
John

I have had to illustrate this exact issue to some of my clients as they
use the same setup.

It is by no means secure and the host machine is susceptible to all type
of attack before and after the VPN client is used.

I suggest a centrally managed personal firewall like ISS desktop
Protector or the likes that the user can't turn off or effect change
policy to. This off course creates other issues and management problems
as you are restricting the user even when they are not connected to you
network.

Have anyone on this list opinion or good/bad practical experience
with CheckPoint solution for this area - the SecuRemote/SecureClient ?

        Thanks in advance,
        Milon
--
mmp () actinet cz