Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: How to Save The World

From: Frank Knobbe <frank () knobbe us>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 23:08:09 -0600

On Sun, 2004-12-12 at 19:27, Crispin Cowan wrote:
But it is much more than that. Those webcast thingies can bitscrape
anything off the desktop screen. Thus I can demo an interactive GUI onto
a remote customer prospect's desktop to show them what our stuff looks
like, without them having to install anything.

hmmm... sounds like VNC to me. The remote end doesn't even need to have
a client installed if you provide access to the built-in Java server
thingy of VNC. So anyone, using Windows or *nix can watch your screen
while you do a presentation. Cross-platform compatible. And free on top
of that.

Cheers,
Frank