Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

I wonder, how to test..

From: "Meindert Uitman" <meindert.uitman () avic nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:33:00 +0200

Hi list,
As a regular reader of this list, and (amongst many other tasks)
responsible for security at our company, I wonder. I've taken most
measures to make our buisiness secure. It's all on a small scale,
everything runs well, but every now and then the tiny hairs on the back
of my head make me wonder how secure it all is. Yes, webservers are
locked down, are in DMZ, only http permitted, SQL on inside via data
layers, only nessesary ports between DMZ and inside; this production
environment is colocated, office is connected via PIX to PIX vpn,
restricted access to this vpn, etc.

Are there any low cost means / tools out there to verify that what i
have done so far is reasonable proof?

Thanks in advance,
Meindert uitman
Avic B.V.