Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: To spoof or not to spoof???? That is the question....

From: jseymour () linxnet com (Jim Seymour)
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:22:01 -0400 (EDT)

InHisGrip <servie_platon () yahoo com> wrote:

[snip]

I was just wondering why this happened again?
[snip]

One or more people have you in their MS address books.  The virus is
simply picking *your* email address with which to spoof the source.

What are the possibilities? Is my yahoo mail account
been infected?

Y! uses MS servers for their web mail stuff?

               Or is it possible that a person that I
know has been infected that's why occasionally it
sends an email to all addresses in the address book?
[snip]

Yes.

Can anyone please enlighten me on this email spoofing
before I decomission this email for good and use
another one if there is no cure or solution for this.
[snip]

Learn to read email headers.  Then you can figure out whence it's
really coming.  Google for something like

    read+email+header

or

    read+email+header+<whatever your email client is>

to find out how.

--
Jim Seymour                | Spammers sue anti-spammers:
jseymour () LinxNet com       |     http://www.LinxNet.com/misc/spam/slapp.php