Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Certification (was Re:Vulnerability Response)

From: Dave Piscitello <yodave () hargray com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 13:56:49 -0400

At 03:06 PM 6/14/2004 -0400, Vladimir Parkhaev wrote:
Quoting Crispin Cowan (crispin () immunix com):

> Expert, n: someone who has made all of the mistakes. See "consultant".

I strongly disagree. $consultant != 'expert'. Most of the consultants
out there have great PR and soft skills and limited technical skills.
There are soooo many clueless consultants out there, way more than
cluefull ones...

I hope the moderator will put this thread to bed, as it's degenerating
into digital racism. Once we begin blanket condemnation of any group
we aren't acting much like wizards...