Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: (no subject)

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:48:56 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Hilal Hussein wrote:

But i have two questions concerning this syslog:
1 - the log files are too big since everyfile contains the whole day logs,
and since the file size is about 400 + Mb, i am not able to open it. kindly,
is there any third party utility which i can use to manage (open, check,
filter, ....) the log files of the cisco syslog?

Syslog events should be filterable by level.  Also, there's probably a way
to rotate logs in the application.

2 - is there any other syslog server which could work with the cisco pix
firewalls, and which is a service and NOT an application?

Any syslog server will work, it's a standard protocol.  I prefer
minirsyslogd on Linux boxes.

Paul