Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Cannot send mail

From: Gwendolynn ferch Elydyr <gwen () reptiles org>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 12:09:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 4 May 2004 kgiraldin () richland lib wa us wrote:
"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:
Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large.
Please verity that your email address is correct in your Mail preferences
and try again."

What do I need to do to get started fixing this problem? Thanks for your
help.

Well - I'd suggest that you try two things:

(1) Read the error message

        The error message states quite clearly what it thinks that the problem
        is.

(2)     Use a search engine

        Plugging the phrase "Requested action not taken: mailbox name not
        allowed or chunk too large." into google comes back with 629 hits.

In general, people are much happier to help those that have already tried
to help themselves. This is a repeated rant - _but_ if your time is too
valuable to you to bother with basic research, why should I value my
time any less, and do it for you?

cheers!