Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Application-level Attacks

From: "Dave Piscitello" <dave () corecom com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:56:04 -0500

If I were to have to corroborate this claim today, I would compare
the number of denied attempts in my firewall logs against the number
of blocked HTTP requests in my web server logs for the past six
months 2005 against those for the first six months of 2004, or even
the end of 2003.

In my case, I see far fewer network level attack attempts and probes
today than I see malformed URLs and probes for IIS-specific exploits.
And many of the probes I see today are for RAT and Radmin ports.