Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Active-Active Single-context Failover on an ASA 5550

From: "Post, Lenny" <Lenny.Post () devoncanada com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:02:29 -0700

In order to sucessfully configure Active/Active failover on 2 ASAs
requires that you run multiple contexts on each device.  If you do not
have multiple contexts the default is Active/Standby (which appears to
be what you are seeing).

Cisco has a nice write up of how to setup Active/Active on their website
check out
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_exampl
e09186a0080834058.shtml

Lenny