Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: State of security technology for the enterprise

From: ArkanoiD <ark () eltex net>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 00:23:27 +0400

You are kidding calling those technologies "new"?

Actually we do need something new. Think
entitlement management, role-based access control, data flow tracking,
emdedded security tokens, OWASP frameworks, XML filtering etc.

At least document fingerprinting and discovery as poor man's solution.
And configuration management and endpoint security solutions (not just "AV"!) for sure.

We all are going nowere because we are stuck into our old toys -
DPI, IDS, AV, VPN etc and actually have no idea how data flow *should* be managed -
and you are afraid of "potentialy immature technologies"? God damn,
everything you list is old as mammoth's fossilized crap!

Well, have a look at IBM's Datapower at least - much of your data flow is XML, right?
And forget that Cisco makes "firewalls". Those are not worth their power supply units.