IDS mailing list archives

Building a Basic IDS.

From: Zaid Amireh <tumbak () inbox lv>
Date: 04 Jun 2003 15:30:01 +0300

hello all,
please don't flame me, I'm just a student seeking knowledge.
we are three undergraduate students, we have much interest in security
in general and NIDS's in specific, so we decided to code a simple NIDS
as our graduation project.
we read a lot about the theoretical parts, but we couldn't find any
technical documents about building an ids from scratch, we do have a
general overview of what we are to do, but as you know, getting a second
opinion is always better :)
so if you were asked to code a simple NIDS, where would you start and
what path would you choose?
thanks for your time.
Zaid Amireh

INTRUSION PREVENTION: READY FOR PRIME TIME?

IntruShield now offers unprecedented Intrusion IntelligenceTM capabilities
- including intrusion identification, relevancy, direction, impact and analysis
- enabling a path to prevention.

Download the latest white paper "Intrusion Prevention: Myths, Challenges, and Requirements" at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/IntruVert-focus-ids2