IDS mailing list archives

Re: Building a Basic IDS.

From: Neil Daswani <daswani () cs stanford edu>
Date: 5 Jun 2003 21:54:14 -0000

If you are interested in building a basic IDS, you may want to check out
Vern Paxson's paper on Bro:

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/313480.html
(Click on the PS or PDF links to download the paper.)

The paper discusses some of the fundamental issues and trade-offs in
building a network-based intrusion detection system.

Sincerely,

Neil Daswani
http://www.learnsecurity.com/introccs/