IDS mailing list archives

RE: Entercept HIDS Question

From: "Zach Forsyth" <Zach.Forsyth () kiandra com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 09:39:21 +1100

I have used the cisco security agent (use to be okena stormwatch) and
the product was very good.
I wanted to use entercept but after trying to contact them for over a
month I gave up.

To test the agent I put a completely unpatched win2k server out on the
internt with the default server agent protecting it.
It sat their for a month and was not compromised at all.
A few hours after the trial period license for the agent expired the
server was hit with sql slammer and infected.

I did a lot more testing in the lab and was pleased with the product
overall.
Unfortunately the client we were looking to deploy the agent changed
their mind and I never got to use it in as real world scenario.
Download the trial and do some internal testing to see what you think.

Cheers

Zach