IDS mailing list archives

RE: IPS, alternative solutions

From: "Murtland, Jerry" <MurtlandJ () Grangeinsurance com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:00:53 -0400

I've been reviewing options for Network Admission Control as well to ensure
consistency of approved applications and disallowing unapproved applications
and the other inherent sanity checks such as patching, .dats, etc.  The two
that I've seen so far that best addresses the issues are Sygate and ZoneLabs
(same or not).  Cisco has their SA product and we are looking into that
also.  I'm interested to learn what options you are looking at and what your
opinion is on those solutions.

Jerry J. Murtland, CISSP