IDS mailing list archives

IDS PhD resarch query

From: secure knowledge <secureknowledge () yahoo com>
Date: 13 Apr 2005 20:23:56 -0000

Dear all,

I am intending to pursue my PhD in computer security.

Has anyone got any experience in what it takes to do a PhD?

I need to refine an area of research. There are so many areas and i don't want to pick an area that may get solved
while i do my PhD and hence render my work useless. This will always be an issues i guess!

anyone got any ideas on:
Intrustion Detection

What about other areas?

regards
Secure.

Stop hurting your network!

The NeVO passive vulnerability sensor continuously finds vulnerabilities,
applications and new hosts without the need for network scanning.
It also finds compromised systems with application-based intrusion detection.
Go to http://www.tenablesecurity.com/products/nevo.shtml to learn more.