IDS mailing list archives

RE: What are the best open source cisco pix log analyzers?

From: "Robertson, Seth (JSC-IM)" <Seth.Robertson-1 () nasa gov>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 13:27:40 -0500

Good luck, I'm afraid there basically aren't any.  There is the Honeynet
Security Console and a Perl script called FISQ which is used to import
log data into the HSC database, but I didn't have much luck with it.
For example, the name of the table my firewall data was stored in was
longer than 16 characters, which violated an undocumented requirement
for HSC to be able read data from it.  A cheap alternative is FireGen,
which runs about $200.  It produces pretty good reports, but isn't
customizable.

BTW, there's a firewalls () securityfocus com mailing list which you would
probably have better success with.

Seth Robertson