IDS mailing list archives

Re: Re: TrafficIQ HTTP IE traffic coverage

From: Devdas Bhagat <devdas () dvb homelinux org>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:04:58 +0530

On 12/10/06 09:44 +0530, Sanjay R wrote:
<snip>
signatures for IE related DoS attacks. my point is "Is it necessary
for an IDS/IPS to include a very exhausted list of IE DoS coverage?"
There are many more serious vulnerabilities (a big number) and if we
start paying attention to IE DoS related stuff (again a very big
number), then think of performance. I can give an example of Traffic

Then you are asking the wrong questions in the first place from your
software. Figure out what you want from the software, then look at
products which work the way you want them to.

Devdas Bhagat

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.coresecurity.com/index.php5?module=Form&action=impact&campaign=intro_sfw
to learn more.