IDS mailing list archives

Looking for feedback on anomaly-based IDS systems

From: "Libershal, David M." <Dave.Libershal () jhuapl edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 15:53:56 -0500

 We have been using signature-based systems but now feel the need for
some additional security protection that might be provided via an
anomaly-based IDS system (zero day exploits, etc).

I'm not experienced with anomaly-based systems and know only what I've
seen on the web, or sevral years ago at some trade shows. Some seem to
be focused more on network operation but also have the IDS component. At
least for right now, I've been asked to look at security systems.

Any good ideas, suggestions, or horror stories about anomaly-based
systems that may be a help would be appreciated. Up til now I've only
been saving signature related emails from this list.

Thanks,
Dave