IDS mailing list archives

Re: IDS vs Application Proxy Firewal

From: "Arian J. Evans" <arian.evans () anachronic com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:44:52 -0700

To Stephano's response, I would like to add
that I think I completely mis-used the terms
blacklist vs. whitelist when discussing anomaly
detection (and I mix anomaly and mis-use case).

I have not kept up with IDS and clearly need
to go read more recent work to bring myself
up to speed with the terms and concepts.

So when you read my post asserting anomaly
detection validity, understand I am lumping in
mis-use case and ignore my attempts to align
it with black & white verbiage.

As Ptacek would say: "I'm so 1999".

-ae