Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Viral hoax

From: "Volker Tanger" <volker.tanger () discon de>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 12:40:48 +0200

Greetings!

On 19 May 2003 11:16:14 +0300 Alexandru Balan <Alexandru.Balan () iNES RO>
wrote:

"hello, since we couldn't write our own virus, please delete all the
files on your hard drive and send this message to everyone you know"

Obviously they were not able to write their own virus, else the
instuction would have been: "send [...] message [...] and delete [...]"
The other (original) way round the message would have been deleted
first, so infecting other PCs would not be possible, thus the virus was
killing itself in the very first iteration...

Bye

Volker Tanger

--

Besuchen Sie unsere neuen Internet-Seiten http://www.detewe.de .
Neues Highlight: Wunschproduktberater fuer den Home & Office-Bereich.

Visit our new Internet Pages on http://www.detewe.de .
Our Highlight: Online Product Adviser for Home & Office.
(Currently available in German only)

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html