Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: Funny article

From: "Dave Howe" <DaveHowe () cmn sharp-uk co uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:06:03 -0000

David Maynor wrote:
On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 03:20:14AM +0100, Mikael Olsson wrote:
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but the script kiddies don't care
about zealotry. I have yet to hear one say "Oh, this is a Linux
box, so I can't use this Apache bug to own it. That'd be rong."
I don't think anybody said a linux box can't be owned with an apache
flaw. My arugemnt for count of bugs is the should be counted against
the people who actually WROTE the code. In Microsofts case it is
becasue they wrote IIS, 2000/XP/2003, and Exchange. In contrast the
Linux kernel projecn that just wrote the kernel. It sounds like you
want a list of opensource bugs vs. Microsoft Bugs.
Ideally the Apache exe should be running as an unpriviledged user. but
then, ideally the IIS server should be running as an unpriviledged user
too....

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html