Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: NASA.GOV SQL Injections

From: "Schmehl, Paul L" <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:24:59 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan A. Zdziarski [mailto:jonathan () nuclearelephant com]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 8:08 AM
To: Russ Spooner
Cc: full-disclosure
Subject: RE: [Full-disclosure] NASA.GOV SQL Injections

Hmm if I was in the top 1% of the smartest people in the
world, I don't know if I'd have the time to read all the
flames and spam that occur on this list.  They probably have
a team of their own computer geniuses auditing code on a
daily basis, at which point it's only a matter of time before
they realize the flaw.

No offense meant to the fine IT people at NASA, but do you seriously
believe that the one-percenters are securing the network?  As opposed to
say, figuring out how to land a rover on Mars, how to keep astronauts
alive in space, how to overcome the long-term negative effects of zero
gravity, etc., etc.???

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas