Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Verisign "responds"

From: David Vincent <david.vincent () mightyoaks com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 14:41:04 -0700

"As to your call for us to suspend the service, I would respectfully
suggest
that it would be premature to decide on any course of action until we
first
have had an opportunity to collect and review the available data. "

from their own developer FAQ...

----------
http://sitefinder.verisign.com/pdf/sitefinderdevguide.pdf

6 Conclusion
A wildcard entry in a zone affects DNS responses for that zone. For existing
applications that do not contemplate the effects of wildcard entries,
application developers should consider taking appropriate corrective
actions.

shouldn't that be "we're clueless morons who don't care about the expense we
cause other businesses to absorb, we're only interested in our own
wallets."?

-d

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html