Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: U.S. National Security Awareness Day (NSAD)

From: Nomen Nescio <nobody () dizum com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 17:10:07 +0200 (CEST)

At 06:48 PM 8/26/2004 -0400, Gideon T. Rasmussen, CISSP, CISM, CFSO, SCSA wrote:
Please join us in observing U.S. National Security Awareness Day (NSAD)
on September 10th. There are continued threats to the security of the
United States. Our security posture must continue to improve.

Instead of wasting time on this redundant circle jerk, maybe you could spend some energy sorting out all the other
days/weeks/months dedicated to security awareness.

Google has 573 hits on "security awareness day."

Rhetorical question: Does anyone know of a day of the year when it is not someone's "security awareness day?" If they
are not all taken, maybe I'll proclaim my own.

http://www.computersecurityday.org/
Computer Security Day was started in 1988 to help raise awareness of computer related security issues. Our goal is to
remind people to protect their computers and information. This annual event is held around the world on November 30th
although some organizations choose to have functions on the next business day if it falls on a weekend.

http://www.staysafeonline.info/
Cyber Security Day
Sunday, October 31, 2004, is the next Cyber Security Day. Set some time aside this week to update your anti-virus
software and scan your computer for viruses. Also, check out the Top Ten Security Tips for more information on
keeping your computer safe from hackers.

http://edtechoutreach.umd.edu/cyberawareness.html
April is Cyberawareness Month!
Setting your clocks forward or back for Daylight Saving Time and replacing the batteries in smoke detectors are
rituals repeated every spring and fall. Similarly, the National Cyber Security Alliance established April 4, 2004, as
Cyber Security Day to raise awareness about Internet safety and computer security issues (EDUCAUSE, 2004). While
colleges and universities across the country planned security education and awareness events to help promote Cyber
Security Day, Educational Technology Outreach planned a month’s worth of activities to help the K-20 community’s
awareness of cybersecurity issues and promote safe online practices.

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid14_gci956411,00.html
Coming to a city near you: a security forum held in concert with September's Cybersecurity Month. That's right.
Information security is expanding from one day of awareness here and there to an entire month of public service-like
platforms, complete with its own road show.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html