Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: What's wrong with this picture?

From: "Jos Osborne" <Jos () meltemi co uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 09:50:57 -0000

-----Original Message-----

I thought about this fact as well, but it's typical semantics playing into
PR bull.  He said could only think of one instance of an exploit before a
patch was available.  However, note that he very carefully sidesteps the
issue by first saying no exploits have existed since "before the patch was
known."  Not available.  Basically he's saying "OK, well this one time, we
announced a forthcoming patch and an exploit was discovered to be in
existence before we actually got around to releasing the patch."

Ahh, the spin cycle.

-chris

You want to put him in a washing machine?

Actually, on reflection that's not all that bad an idea...

Jos

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html