Full Disclosure mailing list archives

3127/tcp by Doomjuice (Kaspersky) - MyDoom takeover?

From: "Erik van Straten" <emvs.fd.3FB4D11C () cpo tn tudelft nl>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 20:32:15 +0100

List,

I've observed a rapid increase in 3127/tcp scans from seemingly
random IP's. They're sequentially scanning our IP's, bottom-up.

These seem to match Kasperky's Doomjuice (published ~ 3 hours ago):
http://www.viruslist.com/eng/alert.html?id=930701

Details, incl. address generation algorithm:
http://www.viruslist.com/eng/viruslist.html?id=930677

Supposedly it also causes a DDoS agains Microsoft.

Note that this one seems to differ from Symantec's Deadhat:
http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.deadhat.html

According to Symantec's description, Deadhat scans 3127/tcp, 3128/tcp
and 1080/tcp (I've seen one or two of those).

Erik

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html