Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: IE exploit runs code from graphics?

From: "Aditya, ALD [ Aditya Lalit Deshmukh ]" <aditya.deshmukh () online gateway technolabs net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 11:52:08 +0530

files (.CHM) from some web site, causing the HTML code inside the .CHM
to be run in the "My Computer" security zone.  Typically (like all but
one of _dozens and dozens_ of these I've seen) the "inner" HTML run

this is one of the  _dozens and dozens_  reasons to use mozilla on untrusted sites and use ie to access internal
websites if they do depend of some ie features but set the default browser to mozilla so that when ever the user cliks
something it opens in mozilla

That is hardly the same thing as "embedded code hidden in graphics on
Web pages", but I can easily imagine a naïve journalist getting
confused over such technical issues or a company representative
hankering for some media exposure over-selling the seriousness or
novelty of what they "discovered"...

and these are the people who raise the script kiddies to "elite hackers!"

-aditya

ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
éb½êÞvë"žaxZÞx÷«²‰Ú”Gb¶*'¡óŠ[kj¯ðÃæj)m­ªÿr‰ÿ

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html