Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: malware added in transit

From: "Yoanne LE MERCIER" <yoanne.lemercier () acctys com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:06:38 +0100

Hi list.

It's surely possible, but I'm not aware of anything doing so at this time
(i'd be interested to see)
This kind of malware would be quite specific to be traffic aware (HTTP
down/upload, FTP, Net shares...),
to be able to understand file transfers negociations and act at the right
time...
And a one-shot* "real-time" file transfer infection can be seriously
"compromised"
depending on the protocol being hikacked, packet sizes, multiple files being
transferred (?),
network problems and much more ...

(*) "one-shot" meaning you dont reset any connection side, which would be
the most stealthy method.

YLM.