Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Is this a Virus?

From: Michael Holstein <michael.holstein () csuohio edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:51:54 -0500

When I reboot my computer I have 2 GB space. After about 4 hours of plain web browsing, I get a low space message. The space left is 1 MB. Something keeps on filling up my hard drive when my machine is on. How do I figure out what? Anyone heard of this

Um .. this is a bit O/T for full-disclosure, but here goes :

Have you checked the amount of space reserved for your browser cache? In the Microsoft world, this is typically set to 10% of a drive's size (not free space .. physical size). Go into the properties tab of Internet Explorer and set the cache to 1mb, clear out what's in there, and start anew.

/mike.