Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: the "Sony/BMG" virus

From: Kenneth Ng <kenneth.d.ng () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:46:36 -0500

On 11/11/05, Todd Towles <toddtowles () brookshires com> wrote:
Barry wrote:
Sony needs to pay big for this.  I'll never buy a Sony/BMG
item again...
no apology is enough.

They treat us all like cattle, as Barry said.

They treat us like cattle?  I think this treatment is worse than
convicted child molesters.
- You have a EULA that no reasonable person can understand
- If you go bankrupt, you loose rights to the music.
- If you loose the orignals, you loose rights to the music.
- Sony has the right to install anything they want on your computer
and do anything they want.
- Right now the program phones home with info every time you play a
song.  How long before it phones home when you play competitors songs?
 Or prevent you from going to an independent music site?
- Trying to remove the rootkit can trash your system
- To get the removal program, you need to sign up for Sony marketing.