Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Recall: Oracle read-only user can insert/update/delete data

From: "Mike Owen" <kyphros () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:10:54 -0700

On 4/11/06, Bill Weiss <houdini+full-disclosure () clanspum net> wrote:
Van Winssen, Andre A SITI-ITIBHW5(Andre.VanWinssen () shell com)@Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 07:56:08AM +0200:
The sender would like to recall the message, "Oracle read-only user can insert/update/delete data".

Hey, everybody!  It's that guy who uses Exchange and doesn't know that it
doesn't work with the outside world!  Why don't we all laugh at him?

(With apologies to The Simpsons fans everywhere)

--
Bill Weiss

In my experience, it doesn't even work in an Exchange environment. The
user gets a message that the message should be recalled, but the
original is still there, even if it hasn't been read yet. I've heard
people say that at one time it would auto-delete the message if it
hadn't been read, but I've never seen that.