Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Patch tuesday debris

From: "Dave \"No, not that one\" Korn" <davek_throwaway () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:27:51 -0000

Dave "No, not that one" Korn wrote:
 Last tuesday's updates (which I deferred installing until yesterday)
left a folder on my HD, called "C:\c0772dab3463959f7c", containing a
log file, msxml6-KB927977-enu-x86.log, which contains install logging
details for the msxml patch.

 Did everyone get this (or perhaps a similarly-named folder with a
different hex number)?  If absolutely everyone ended up with this it's
probably just M$ being careless, but if not it might mean something
failed during install and that's why it didn't clean up properly.

  Enough other people reported this, and there's been no sign of any
problems, that I think it can be safely ignored.  Thanks for all the input,
folks.

    cheers,
      DaveK