Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Google / GMail bug, all accounts vulnerable

From: coderman <coderman () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:21:06 -0800

On Dec 12, 2007 10:05 AM, Steven Adair <steven () securityzone org> wrote:
I guess I am not understanding why this is considered to be a big CSRF
issue.

big is relative.  i call it funny colored medium to small medium...

... You cannot send/delete e-mail or take
any real actions can you?

let us ponder this:

CSRF icon in your bookmarks to lure you.

XSS in google spreadsheet, chat, $service.

they meet fortuitously in a black hat tryst and your browser is a sock
puppet (to goog) all the live long day...

to beat this dead horse one more time:
- the favicon behavior introduces some useful / interesting vectors
not previously discussed
- the ability of CSRF is much less interesting than application of
CSRF.  maybe much ado about nothing, maybe materia to junction in the
chamber of your sploit cannon...???

Let's keep in
mind that these redirects keep the HTTP referer field in tact.

not always, see http/https transitions and browser specific 301/302
fast redirect behavior...