Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Inside India's CAPTCHA Solving Economy

From: Thedjatclubrock <tdjacr.wiki () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 16:07:12 -0400

Razi Shaban wrote:
No, thank you for emailing us twice.

Really.

--
Razi

On 8/31/08, Raj Mathur <raju () kandalaya org> wrote:
On Sunday 31 Aug 2008, n3td3v wrote:

At least its giving hundreds of thousands of poor indians employment,
 > by paying them to manually create internet accounts for bot net
 > herders to use. I don't know if thats what the Dancho Danchev blog
 > post is about because I refuse to read anything by him or Zdnet. This
 > activity of the bad guys employing poor internet users from
 > developing countries isn't new. The bad guys, they target the folks
 > in the developing countries to spend all day signing up web accounts
 > manually, as they don't need to pay them an awful lot of money to do
 > it, and they don't need to care about CAPTCHAs, because the poor
 > citizens of the developing countries are entering the legitimate
 > CAPTCHA word manually on behalf of the bad guys. There is a whole
 > industry for it out there, and the folks in the developing countries
 > don't mind helping out because they don't have much money and are
 > pretty desperate, and to be honest, they don't actually know a lot of
 > the time the scale of the operation they are getting involved in but
 > they probably don't really care.

Thank you for the extremely patronising and ill-informed post.

 I'd suggest the next time you don't have a clue about a region you keep
 your mouth shut and be thought an idiot, rather than open it and be
 confirmed as one.

 -- Raju
 --
 Raj Mathur                raju () kandalaya org       http://kandalaya.org/

                      It is the mind that moves

I really do not believe this is an appropriate topic of discussion, it
has nothing to do with the mainstream Full-Disclosure topic, IMHO.
- --TheDJACR