Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Need some help with management

From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 10:24:29 -0500

--On Thursday, May 22, 2008 20:45:06 -0700 coderman <coderman () gmail com> wrote:

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Daniel Sichel <daniels () ponderosatel com>
wrote:
My management here wants to put a server on our LAN, not administered by us

all of the responses to this are retarded.

tell him to setup a server.  dare him. double dog dare!

when it pings, load it full of goatse.cx and tubgurl and lemonparty.

ask, "do you want to run AND SECURE your own server?"

case closed.

You clearly don't work anywhere near an enterprise.  If you did, you'd realize
this very scenario occurs almost on a daily basis and the "owners" are
perfectly happy with their dreg-filled completely insecure "servers" running on
Windows XP SP1.

--
Paul Schmehl
As if it wasn't already obvious,