Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Should nmap cause a DoS on cisco routers?

From: Michal <michal () ionic co uk>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:42:30 +0100

On 02/07/2010 12:34, Champ Clark III [Softwink] wrote:
On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 01:31:07PM +0200, Christian Sciberras wrote:
I've noticed that even if the orginazation has a
very capable security staff
Again,  it's a environment that's 'magical' and not well
understood so once it's 'working',  don't touch anything!

If you call that "capable security staff" I'd expect you to call Windows a
"unix-like" os...

      Hah.  I probably didn't make my point properly.   They _have_
a capable security staff that was instructed by "upper management"
_not_ to touch the VoIP network.   They _wanted_ to,  but where
instructed to 'stay away!'.   Sad state.

The worst thing is companies will let you rent equipment so you could
easily rent the essentials and work through your changes until you know
how to do it with little disruption. The cost of hiring some equipment
would e little compared to what you ultimately are causing by ignoring
the problem and saying don't touch it