funsec mailing list archives

Re: Bot hunting

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:37:31 +0100 (BST)

You don't need to trap them that way. The crime they committed is
unauthorised access to 10,000 zombies.

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, xyberpix wrote:

Following on from the previous thread about the "Egyptian Mafia
boss"....

My thoughts on this one are, what if we were to pay for the use of
their "so-called" bot-nets, and setup dummy sites, that they could
knock off the net as proof that
they do in fact posses the power they say that they wield? If they
can do it, we all chip in, and pay to nail them, maybe we could even
get some large co's and govt in on this as well.

Yeah it is entrapment, but hey, what they're doing isn't exactly
legal either?

Thoughts?

xyberpix