funsec mailing list archives

Re: Austin hurricane panic insanity

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rslade () sprint ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:29:40 -0800

From:                   "Fergie (Paul Ferguson)" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date sent:              Fri, 23 Sep 2005 02:23:06 GMT

 http://img.coxnewsweb.com/C/04/61/39/image_1839614.jpg

What I find interesting is the almost untouched section of packaged snacks down
the aisle.  If people were *really* needing to stock up on emergency food,
Twinkies (which, I agree, are not normally a dietary recommendation) would be
pretty good.  They have a very high energy content, they contain tons of
preservatives, and so would keep without any refridgeration, and they are even
individually packaged, which might be important if there is any flooding.

You'd find me over in the sections dealing with crackers, peanut butter, nuts, and
so forth.  (Also, I assume bottled water is sold out, but there is probably soda
water, or even other forms of carbonated water, even if flavoured.)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca      slade () victoria tc ca      rslade () sun soci niu edu
I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know
the answer.                                          - Douglas Adams
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev    or    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade