funsec mailing list archives

Seriously off topic

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rslade () sprint ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:47:55 -0800

My sister, and her husband, and my two young nephews are all out of Houston.

Made air reservations Tuesday (I'm amazed they got them), stayed at the airport
hotel because they figured there would be no getting to the airport Wednesday, got
there 4 hours ahead, and would *not* have made their flight, except for the fact
that someone was helping people with young children.  (I guess more than the 120
security people deserted their jobs at the airport.)

They are staying with family.

(I didn't realize how much I was worrying until I heard my sister's voice.  I am also
surprised that my brohter-in-law's company wasn't making better arrangements for
staff.  Not good BCP.)

Sorry for being serious on the fun list.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca      slade () victoria tc ca      rslade () sun soci niu edu
                        Don't vote: it only encourages them.
http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev    or    http://sun.soci.niu.edu/~rslade