funsec mailing list archives

Re: Getting mistaken for a terrorist.

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:09:31 -0700

Drsolly wrote:
I'm a Londoner, and believe me, it gets to me too that we've been attacked like this - twice, in the same way, and although we're not going to let it change our way of life, we are, for a long time, going to be a bit more careful about possible terrorists on the underground.

That wasn't the problem for me. The problem is that they know he's innocent now, and they can't be arsed to clean up after their mistake. Fine, so you got an innocent guy, it happens. No give him back his stuff, give him his paperwork, and clear his record. That's the loss of civil liberties, not that he got detained for half a day.

                                                BB